The days are getting shorter, the temperatures are falling and the holidays are just around the corner. That's why we want to share this recipe with you to make your next holiday dinner really exceptional.
Beef Tenderloin is commonly regarded as the most tender cut of beef and served as Beef Wellington it is the ultimate dish to serve when you have a special event or party. It can be tricky to handle but when done right it's always a show stopper.
| Prep Time
| Cook Time
| Total Time
- 1.5 lb Adena Farms Beef Tenderloin, trimmed
- 10 oz (weight) cremini mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Fresh Sprig of Thyme
- ½ sprig of Rosemary
- 2 oz White Wine
- 2.5 oz prosciutto, 10- 12 pcs (enough to cover tenderloin)
- puff pastry, thawed
- egg yolk, beaten
- Season beef with salt and pepper on all sides
- On high heat, add 1 Tbsp olive oil, sear beef on all sides. Remove and cool.
- Chop mushrooms very finely.
- In a sauté pan, Add 2 Tbsp oil, fry mushrooms with fresh Sprig of Thyme and rosemary until the mixture is very soft. Add 2 oz of white wine, cook until a coarse paste is formed.
- Season mushrooms with salt and pepper
- Remove thyme and rosemary sprigs
- Remove mushrooms from heat and cool on a sheet tray
- Lay a large piece of foil on workbench. Then lay a plastic wrap on top of the foil
- Layer prosciutto over plastic wrap into a square (overlap is ok).
- Spread cooled mushroom mixture over prosciutto, leaving a gap on the edges.
- Place tenderloin near end of the mushroom and prosciutto wrap.
- Using the foil, ensure the tenderloin is wrapped tightly by rolling in the prosciutto, refrigerate for 45 min to set roll.
- Roll out puff pastry to a 1/8" thick square and brush off any excess flour.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the edges of the puff pastry with the egg wash.
- Place unwrapped meat in middle of dough, fold over side edges and cut away
- excess dough, fold over the top edge, cut away excess dough.
- Repeat process for bottom edge.
- Brush edges with egg wash and refrigerate for 10 min.
- Brush top and sides with egg wash, sprinkle salt flakes on top crust.
- Place wellington seam side down on a lined sheet tray.
- Bake in a 375°F oven (no fan) for 45 mins for medium, or until desired temperature is achieved and pastry is a crispy golden brown
- Rest for 10 mins before serving!