Bolognese, is a classic Italian dish that has warmed the hearts and stomachs of Americans everywhere. There are as many versions of this dish in America as there are in Italy. Finish off this dish with fresh grated Grana Padano Parmiagiano or even Pecorino cheese, top with fresh basil and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil!
- 1 lb Adena Farms 100% grass-fed ground beef
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic, finely diced
- 1/4 cup carrots, finely diced
- 2 tbs celery, finely diced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add diced onions and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until soft.
- Add diced garlic, cook until soft.
- Turn up the heat to high, and add beef and cook until browned.
- Add wine and cook until it reduces by half.
- Add tomato sauce, celery, carrots and bay leaf (be careful, sauce will splatter).
- Turn down the heat to medium and simmer for 30-40 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.