Change up the traditional Easter dinner this year with our easy, yet delicious and beautiful Prime Rib Roast.
- 5.5 lbs Adena Farms Standing Rib Roast
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Remove the rib roast from the refrigerator at least 1 hour before cooking to bring it to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a small bowl, mix butter, garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper together. Rub all of the butter on the outside of your prime rib and place in a roasting pan or large skillet with the fat side up.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 450°F and then reduce the temperature to 325°F. Bake until it reaches an internal temperature of 110°F, approx. 1 hour (be sure to check your roast halfway through cooking to gauge your cook time).
- Remove from oven, cover with foil and let it rest for at least 20 minutes. The temperature will continue to rise to 130°F for a medium rare prime rib.
- Slice and serve.
Don’t forget your meat thermometer! A prime rib roast can be intimidating as you try to achieve the perfect medium-rare. Using a meat thermometer will make quick and easy work of managing your internal temperature.
Shop Standing Rib Roast
Recipe Bone Broth