Nothing says Easter like bright colors and carrots! Brighten up your table with these beautiful tri-color roasted carrots.
For the carrots:
- 20-25 small carrots, with tops trimmed to approx. 1”
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt, divided in half
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Couple sprigs of dill and mint (for garnish)
For the yogurt sauce:
- ¼ cup 10% M.F. yogurt
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Add carrots and cook in batches (start with light colored carrots first to avoid any color transfer) and cook, gently turning, until lightly browned on each side, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add caraway seeds and ¼ teaspoon of salt and place in the oven to finish roasting until tender, 8 to 10 minutes depending on the size of your carrots.
- Whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, yogurt and remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a large bowl.
- Pile carrots on a medium-sized serving platter. Dollop with yogurt, and top with dill and mint sprigs. Sprinkle with almonds, drizzle with olive oil and serve.
Rather than peeling the carrots, just give them a good scrub with a clean scrubby. This will help to maintain their bright color.
Shop Standing Rib Roast
Recipe Adena Farms Prime Rib Roast
Learn The Truth About Salt