Perfect as the main course for Sunday Brunch, for a light lunch, or breakfast for dinner. This recipe is a great way to use left over roast chicken and cooked asparagus. An easy way to impress your brunch guests.
4 – 6
For the crepes:
- ¼ cup buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted, for the crepes
- 1 tablespoon butter room temp, for greasing the pan
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the filling:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Himalayan salt & cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 pound cooked Adena Farms Chicken, shredded
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed, cut on the bias into ½ inch pieces
- 2 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 scallions, chopped, as garnish
For the eggs:
- 4-6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
To make the crepes:
- Combine flours, milk, eggs, melted butter, and salt in a bowl, whisk to combine, a few small lumps are fine. Look for a thin soup-like consistency.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of butter and let melt. Using a paper towel spread butter around and wipe off any excess. Pour ¼ cup of crepe batter into the pan, swirling as you go so that the batter coats the entire pan. Cook crepe until it starts to brown, about 1 minute. Flip and cook other side for about 30 seconds. Transfer crepes to a plate and repeat with remaining batter. You'll end up with 4-6 crepes.
To make the filling & eggs:
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add red onion and cook until it softens, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, asparagus, cooked shredded chicken, salt and cracked black pepper. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes or until asparagus is just tender. Set to the side to keep warm.
- Heat a pan over medium heat with olive oil and fry eggs to desired doneness. Sunny side up or poached look great on the plate.
- Lay each crepe out on a board or plate. In the center of the crepe, sprinkle white cheddar, then divide warm filling evenly among crepes over cheese, top with fried egg.
- Fold edges over the center and garnish with baby greens, sprouts, fresh herbs and quartered cherry tomatoes. Serve immediately.
Some great accompaniments to this dish: Pico de Gallo, Chimichurri, even your favorite BBQ sauce. Pair this with a mimosa and your brunch is complete.
Recipe Adena Farms Roast Chicken