Potato Salad is a staple at every BBQ. But all that mayo can easily make you go way over your daily fat and calorie intake. Here's an alternative to traditional potato salad with all of the taste and none of the guilt. Even your kids will like it!
- 3 lbs baby potatoes (they should be waxy because they hold up better to boiling and maintain their shape when cutting)
- ½ cup bone broth (get our recipe here)
- ⅜ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onions
- 2 tablespoons Italian flat leaf parsley
- Himalayan Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes to just tender (approx. 15-20 minutes) and drain
- While still very warm, slice potatoes ¼” thick and place in a bowl
- Add apple cider vinegar, onions, chives, mix with potatoes (this will allow the vinegar to penetrate the potato.
- Add hot bone broth and stir for 1 minute. This will cause the starch of the potato to thicken with the bone broth and create a creamy texture
- Add olive oil, mix again
- Season with salt and pepper
- Place in the fridge to chill until ready to serve
Customize by adding different types of mustard to enhance the zing, or try some Pumpkin Seed oil drizzled on top.
Recipe Adena Farms Bone Broth
Learn 7 Tips for Feeding Your Family in an Over Processed World