- (1 lb) Ground Beef
- (1 cup) onion, finely diced
- (1 1/2 tsp) garlic, finely minced
- (1/4 cup) carrots, finely diced
- (2 Tbsp) celery, finely diced
- (1/2 cup) red wine
- (1 1/2 cups) crushed tomatoes
- (1) bay leaf
- (to taste) salt and pepper
- In a large stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add diced onions and cook for 3 - 5 minutes until soft.
- Add garlic, cook until soft.
- Turn up the heat to high, add beef and cook until browned.
- Add wine and cook until it reduces by half.
- Add tomatoes, celery, carrots, and bay leaf (be careful, sauce will splatter.)
- Turn down the heat to medium and simmer for 30 - 40 mins. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve over your favorite pasta. Or, for a no-carb option, serve over zucchini noodles.