- (20-25) small carrots, with the tops trimmed to approx. 1"
- (3 tablespoons) olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- (3 tablespoons) Himalayan salt, divided in half
- (1/4 teaspoon) fresh cracked black pepper
- (1 teaspoon) caraway seeds
- (a couple sprigs) dill and mint (for garnish)
- (1/4 cup) 10% milk fat yogurt
- (1) lemon, zested and juiced
- (1/4 cup) sliced almonds, toasted (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Add carrots and cook in batches (start with light colored carrots first to avoid any color transfer) and cook, gently turning, until lightly browned on each side, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add caraway seeds and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and place in the oven to finish roasting until tender, 8 to 10 minutes depending on the size of your carrots.
- Whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, yogurt and remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a large bowl.
- Pile carrots on a medium-sized serving platter. Dollop with yogurt, and top with dill and mint sprigs. Sprinkle with almonds, drizzle with olive oil, and serve.
Rather than peeling the carrots, just give them a good scrub with a clean scrubby. This will help to maintain their bright color.